The vision insurance is through Medical Eye Services (MES).
This is an optional insurance that you must apply for. The City does not cover this benefit. Enrollment is once a year sometime during spring.
The plan covers:
- one (1) eye exam every year, lens to your glasses are free once a year as long as they are standard.
- Standard does included bifocals and trifocals.
- Anything extra you pay the difference and $170 towards the frames.
- Progressive Lens up to $86.81.
- If using Costco your frame allowance is $130.
- Contacts that are medically necessary are covered 100%.
The cost for the plan is $8.80 for employee only, $18.37 for employee + one dependent
and $27.86 for family which is three (3) or more.
Click here for benefit details: MES Vision
You can go their web site at www.mesvision.com to find where to go. All chain offices like Site For Sore Eyes, Lens Crafters, and Costco are covered. (Note: Costco membership is required to access MES benefits at Costco optical).
Print the form, fill it out, and bring it to Renee at the the OPOA office.